At Wink Optical you can rest assured that our thorough eye examinations provide an accurate assessment of your vision. We use the latest technology to establish the state of your vision and the health of your eyes. Included as part of a standard eye examination, we use retinal screening to look in far greater detail at the health of your inner eye and identify a range of potential conditions.
We are committed to providing the very best quality when it comes to eye examinations and dedicate sufficient time to all patients to ensure the very best in eye care. A standard eye examination lasts for approximately half an hour and the optometrist will use a range of tests tailored to your individual needs. All of our doctors provide step-by-step explanations so you know exactly what is involved at each stage of the exam.
What Is Involved?
Having an eye exam is a very straightforward process. A few questions will be asked about your sight, general health, your family’s health and your lifestyle. There are lots of different tests that can be carried out during your eye examination so your optometrist will tailor this to suit your individual needs. While testing your eyes, the doctor will look at the following:
- Vision quality
- Unaided and aided vision (with any glasses or contact lenses you already use)
- Eye muscle performance and health
- Internal eye health – ideally using our state of the art Retinal Scanner
- Front of eye health, including eye fluid pressure
- Tests for depth perception, colour vision and visual field may also be performed if required
How much does it Cost?
The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) covers all eye examination costs for those:
- Under 20 years old
- Above 65 years old
- Have a qualified medical condition (Diabetes, macular degeneration, cataracts, ocular trauma, etc...)
Eye examination fees are completely waived with a purchase of prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses or contact lenses.